<body>

Just a Taste / Calling All Coders

surfin' usa

Just a Taste

So far I've been regaling our faithful readers with stories and promises of the redesign; so much I'm really getting tired of the word "redesign". Since it's the seventh time I've revised the afb, from now on I'll call it "Revision7". Ever since my computer froze and wiped out the original files and styles for Revision7, I've started over with a new, more inspired design. I also added a color which I'm sure you will grow to either love or despise in the coming months. Chocolate brown. I've seen it side by side with the other colors, and I must say it's gorgeous. I'm also going to try to compress the site's high quality png24 images to a less load intensive png8. The gif is dead. Long live the png.

As promised, here's a sneak peak at the new headers for the home page and podcast: featuring an all new menu, color scheme, and soon, a new logo. I'm still "Illustrating" it right now. As in, I'm using Illustrator CS, so it's a huge pain in the ass. If I did it in Photoshop like most of the site, it would be done already, but I want it to be easily translated to bigger formats without pixelation and artifacts (those nasty little buggers). The first two are the home page's header and a demonstration of what the menu looks like when rolled over (each button goes, not all of them at once) and the second set is the same thing, but with phase4radio, our podcast.

afb header demo afb header rollover demo p4r header demo p4r header rollover demo

Hope you like them. I worked pretty hard on getting just the right look and feel of them, working out the spacing and color balance while leaving enough room on the right for the new logo. I promise, once it's done you'll get another sneak peak. It appears my original estimated launch date for Revision7, July 1st, will be impossible. Therefore, I am...

Calling All Coders!!!
Are you proficient in CSS? We're looking for a Wordpress theme all our own, built to my specifications. I know it can be done, but I don't know how. That's where you come in. I'll provide the images, I'll provide the architecture, in fact I know exactly what I want. All I need is someone to code it for me. I'm sure most of it is cutting and pasting anyhow. If I knew how to do it, I wouldn't be asking you, but I lost a shit-ton of work, and my latest improvements span far beyond my knowledge in the scripting department. I'll update the post with a sketch of what I want the site to look like architecturally, I'll even do the dimensions and whatnot for you. All I need is that sweet sweet CSS style.

We won't be able to pay you (as we're flat broke), but you will get a link button on the front page (and the links page), a credit in the footer (CSS style by Hoosimarv Vandershmootz) and even a link to your company /blog/portfolio in the sponsors bar, made by me, spiffy as shit. You've seen the "Venture Bros" and "It's Always Sunny..." ads on the right? I made them, and one of those spots can be yours! Immortality! Fame! Gorgeous Links! All yours for a week or so of your time, on and off. Basically, if you work on it a little bit for a week, and it is awesome, we'll use it, insert two colorful home page links, one text link and a credit link in the footer to your site of choice, an entire post to how effin' awesome you are, and may even add you to the staff as a programmer for future job reference. Sweet deal, huh?

So pump this topic full of semen comments, or send us a line at antifanboy@gmail.com. Just think, WWBRD? (What Would Burt Reynolds Do?)
« home | next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »


w007