<body>

Fuck XP / Shape of Things to Come


Fuck Windows Fucking XP

I woke up today, and my computer was frozen. I rebooted, and when it started back up, I almost cried. For some unknown reason, all the files on my desktop were gone, and most of the programs didn't work. I tried to locate System Restore, but alas, it, and most of my system files, were gone. XP was running, but just barely. I have no clue how this happened, but I had a shitload of important files sitting on my desktop, including the anti-fanboy's redesign folder. It contained all the css style and image files. A brand new logo, header, and design, 2 weeks of hard work, all gone because my OS went on a drinking binge and killed all its brain cells. This will definitely set back the unveiling, and also I might cry. Who has a dry shoulder?

This is the Shape of Things to Come
For the forums, we have two new choices. IPB is out the window, as the only free version is pretty gay and ugly. My first choice, and the one I worked like hell customising before the retardation of my entire C:/ drive, is MiniBB. Although the official site's demo is pretty ugly itself, it's highly customisable, and the features rock the pants off anything else out there. In the end, it would look almost exactly like this, but with our branding and less slick javascript effects. One of the coolest features is the ability to log in and quick post/reply at the same time. How fucking convenient is that?

The second choice is Lussumo's Vanilla. Optimized, it too can look pretty. I'm not in love with it, but it's an option, incase you guys dislike the shit out of MiniBB. Don't know how you could, though.

A few more things to ruminate over: new sections and features. You already know about the video podcast, but there will also be our personal blogs, "StarF*cker" (that's mine, with a star in place of the u- that's so fucking clever!) and "Alex's FROzen Tundra" (get it, cuz he has a fro! omgloller). Another feature is "The Thesis Stupidicus", a college guide to the most insipid, ridiculous, lazy theses a student can possibly get away with. I give it a week before we're tired of it.

Phase4Radio, our video podcast and delightfully clever play on words is also on its way. Once we record the first episode, figure out how to edit and distribute it, it will most likely be available over Torrents and iTunes, since the bandwidth would kill the site if we hosted it here. Our goal is to have it be a cross between Diggnation's "sit down and shoot the shit" format and break it up with Lonely Island-esque shorts. Even though our stuff will be completely original, those are the most similar/popular shows, that we are both huge fans of. We'll have guests, flash animations, video previews of games that aren't out yet, and cover stories every podcast (they replace our current cover stories). They'll be released once a month, have no time limit, and be available in high mp3, h264, xvid, wmv, and m4v for those with video iPods. As for the PSP's video format, the PSP is dead to me.
« home | next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »
| next »


w007